How Managed IT Services Can Grow Your Business
Nowadays, technology is everywhere, majorly due to its impact across various sectors. Especially for businesses, technology has helped increase efficiency and productivity by automating mundane tasks and increasing the time allotted to high-performance activities that will generate additional revenue. However, without the help of professionals, implementing IT into your business model can be complex, consume unexpected amounts of resources, and negatively affect your business.
By delegating IT processes to a third-party, your business can benefit from services that help you cut costs and increase development opportunities. Managed IT services cover various aspects, including maintaining your IT infrastructure, monitoring and provisioning equipment, in addition to handling repairs for software and hardware components. Let’s take a better look at the advantages your business stands to gain from managed IT services, starting with enhancing your business’s reliability and efficiency.
Managed IT Services Make Your Business More Reliable and Efficient
Customers value a business that they can depend on and refer to for solutions to their problems. Hence, being ready at all times to attend to your customers is a critical factor and can impact your business’s revenue in the short and long term. You can ensure that your business stays proactive when satisfying your customers by outsourcing your IT services to a team of experienced professionals dedicated to optimizing your IT infrastructure — regardless of your industry.
Although you can prepare to meet various business demands with a considerable amount of IT resources, a major factor is how to use resources efficiently such that every penny counts. With managed IT services, you facilitate the use and operation of your resources, ensuring optimum performance. Whether you need to repair or upgrade your equipment to increase the speed of operations, leveraging Managed IT services in Washington DC helps you to handle such situations effectively.
Maintain Your IT Equipment and Reduce Operating Costs
Change is constant, and the rate at which technology changes is so rapid that it takes considerable effort to keep up. With new software coming up here and there, knowing which one is best for your business can be confusing, especially with different modes of applications and versions. In addition to carrying out thorough research and staying up to date with current technology trends, IT professionals have a wealth of experience and dedication to understanding your business and suggesting the best IT resources for you.
Equipment, especially hardware, requires a range of conditions to remain at optimum levels and perform operations properly. Such conditions, which vary from temperature to humidity, can be challenging to measure accurately. Getting these conditions wrong can negatively impact performance and lead to equipment malfunction, which results in repair costs.
An IT team keeps your IT equipment in the best shape by ensuring that the environment stays in optimal condition. They also minimize operational costs by recommending the most affordable and efficient resources that guarantee your business operations run smoothly. Your business can quickly scale according to your customers’ demands with such resources.
Scale Your Business Easily With Expert IT Support
A professional IT team provides round-the-clock support, handling your business’s IT-related issues immediately when they arise. With expertise and proficiency, the team also enables you to spot critical areas in your business’s IT infrastructure that can cause problems later on and help nip these issues in the bud. The IT support team is committed to assisting your business appropriately with quick response times and excellent resolutions.
When it comes to expanding your business, resources can hold you back from reaching more customers and meeting up with requests. Managed IT services ensure that your software and hardware can perform at whatever scale required by carrying out appropriate updates and suggesting reliable technology that is beneficial to your business. This consistent support enables you to dedicate more time to your other business projects.
More Time to Handle Your Essential Projects
By outsourcing your IT-related tasks, you have access to more resources to focus on essential business operations. Managed IT services keep a constant eye on your infrastructure, ensuring that it runs smoothly and that any unusual activities are immediately noticed. With 24/7 support comprising routine checks, upgrades, and maintenance for your IT network, you can channel more attention to your different operations, such as sales and marketing.
Whether setting up a new branch, moving your infrastructure to the cloud, or handling the repairs, an IT team can manage all these for you. Backed by experience in the field, they also have a good rapport with vendors, providing you with the best equipment to run your business operations without having to break the bank. While you focus on developing more innovative ways to elevate your business, the team of IT experts defends your network from malicious attacks.
Protect Your IT Infrastructure From Cybersecurity Threats
Keeping information safe and secure is crucial to the success of any business. If your data or that of your customers fall into the hands of cybercriminals, it can lead to devastating effects. IT experts keep track of current happenings in cyberspace, in addition to specialization in cybersecurity, ensuring that your network is safe from threats.
Upgrade Your Business’s Performance With Managed IT Services
Taking your business to the next level does not have to be a hassle. You can optimize your business’s resources and channel them towards growth with managed IT services. From routine checks to a swift response when you need it, your business can enjoy various benefits that will keep your IT infrastructure secure and reliable.
Shipshape IT not only offers comprehensive IT support but also points out potential risk areas and recommends effective remedies to help your business grow. Call us today at 703-312-9040 or fill out the quick contact form on our website; let us discuss IT solutions to enhance your business.
How to Deploy Managed IT Services in a Mixed Mac and Windows Environment
There is no doubt that versatility is beneficial to your IT infrastructure. However, bringing two tech giants — Apple and Windows — together in your work environments can be challenging. Both have their pros and cons. The trick is to make the best use of the advantages while efficiently managing their disadvantages with zero or minimal fallout back.
In a hybrid Mac and Windows environment, managed IT services can be different. For example, you must implement third-party apps to accommodate the macOS, which does not have a central management feature. While a managed IT services provider can assist you in scaling the challenges of such an environment and implementationing it into your IT infrastructure in a manner that works for you, answering these questions is a good start:
- What type of access do I need ion my network infrastructure that won’t inhibit workflow?
- For both Mac and Windows, how many devices do I want to deploy?
- What tools do I use in my business? And are they compatible with Mac and Windows operating systems?
An expert managed it services in Washington dc will guide you through these questions and others to derive the best IT solutions to help your business align with what you desire.
Challenges of a Mac and Windows Hybrid Environment
Having an IT environment that incorporates Mac and Windows can be beneficial in terms of efficiency. However, there are specific challenges you need to watch out for so that such an environment does not turn out to negatively impact your processes due to incompatibility and an unstructured workflow. The challenges you may face from merging Mac and Windows in your enterprise IT infrastructure include the following:
- Macs are meant to be used personally and not managed centrally: While you can manage enterprise Windows devices with PowerShell scripts, you would have to manually configure each Mac device to connect to your office’s network and share files.
- Not all tools are compatible with both operating systems: If you have a favorite tool for your workflow processes in a Windows environment, there can be issues integrating with a Mac OS. A managed IT services provider can recommend another software that provides the same features and is compatible with both operating systems or only assign the Mac OS to personnel who use it.
- Dealing with separate management systems: Although Mac devices are not meant to be centralized, you can use mobile device management (MDM) software to keep track of your devices. On the other hand, Windows uses Group Policy to manage and automate controls in a Windows environment.
Deploying Managed IT Services in Your Mixed Mac and Windows Environment
The approach to implementing managed IT services in your mixed Mac and Windows environment is different than usual. An experienced IT support provider has the necessary skill and expertise to help scale any challenges that you may encounter.
1. Manage Your Mac Devices With Mobile Device Management Tools
Mobile device management enhances the performance and security of mobile devices in your infrastructure while serving as an extra layer of protection for your enterprise network. These applications enable you to manage devices across several operating systems, including Mac, Android, and Windows. While they have several features, the ones that are beneficial to you in managing your devices include:
- Tracking the location and status of registered devices;
- Implementing and automating updates;
- Monitoring device activities;
- Pinpointing and troubleshooting issues.
Getting a mobile device management application that supports Mac and Windows will help you make processes more manageable, especially during audits. Mobile device management tools are mainly used to ensure that all devices in the systems are tracked and taken into account.
2. Use Group Policy for Managing Windows
Group Policy is a Windows feature that controls the working infrastructure of user accounts and computer accounts. It includes administration rights to set configurations for multiple users and computers in your active directory. Like the Apple mobile device management tools for your Mac devices, Group Policy effectively manages and monitors your Windows devices.
Starting with security, Group Policy enables your network administrator to enforce password requirements for users that interact with your IT infrastructure. Password policies include best industry practices, such as using a password length of at least eight characters and mixing case letters with characters. Hence, you can increase the protection of your infrastructure against from malicious attacks trying to get into your system by guessing simple passwords.
Besides creating and implementing a solid password structure across all your Windows devices, Group Policy lets you install security patches for all users on your network and automate updates for their devices. From securely adding new users to your IT infrastructure to monitoring and promptly troubleshooting issues on your devices, managed IT service providers help you make your network environment more secure and efficient.
3. Implement Compatibility on Both Platforms
If Whether you are using two different operating systems in your IT infrastructure, there will be consistent interaction between your devices, including sharing files and setting up demos. Implementing software compatible with Mac and Windows operating systems is beneficial for you to avoid not experiencinge any hiccups in your workflow.
Use Shipshape’s Managed IT Services to Grow Your Business
Shipshape IT is dedicated to providing in-depth IT support that helps you integrate the latest technology solutions into your infrastructure seamlessly. Our end-to-end managed IT services include monitoring your IT infrastructure and promptly responding to any issues that arise. We provide robust services that enable you to promote your business with technology that increases the productivity and efficiency of your processes. Contact us by calling 703-312-9040 to learn more about how you can upgrade your business’s performance with IT solutions.
8 Tips to Follow When Looking for Managed IT Service Providers
1. Find an MSP that Understands Your BusinessDifferent industries, regions, and companies have unique technology needs. You deserve an MSP partner that understands what’s needed to excel in your business … and be willing to learn. Your MSP should be a strategic partner, providing you with insights into the trends, issues, and opportunities to allow your company to make a difference. IT is not about one-size-fits-all solutions. You should expect a customized IT strategy that fits your needs and goals.
2. Choose an MSP that Offers Around-the-Clock ServicesToday, business is a never-ending pursuit of success. That means your company may have staff located around the country and across the globe. It would be best if you had an IT solution from an MSP that is constantly accessible, providing support and monitoring for cyber threats at every turn. Your MSP should provide end-user support that offers what you need when you need it. For example, at Shipshape IT, we offer a 15-minute response policy to service requests.
3. Select an MSP that’s Flexible and AccommodatingTechnology changes happen at lightning speed today. You need an MSP that can adapt and respond to these changes with the same agility. Your MSP needs to be adaptable to different operating systems, devices and software applications. It needs to accommodate your needs while recognizing where changes would benefit your business.
4. Look for an MSP that Offers Extensive ServicesYour business needs an MSP that can offer a range of services that cover all the core components of your technology needs. Among the standard services your MSP should provide are:
- Server and Infrastructure Support. These services ensure that systems are maintained and that your businesses infrastructure is protected and managed, whether on-premises or in the cloud
- End-User Support. Your team needs access to services and support at all times. Choose an MSP that can provide knowledgeable service to solve software and hardware services that keep them connected and operating effectively. A coordinated help desk service that tracks triages and manages problems is essential
- Redundant Data Backup. Ensuring that your company has unlimited backups of data, apps and operating systems is critical. Backups, in cloud servers located in multiple regions, give you access to information and apps whenever needed, especially if natural disasters events or cyber-attacks disrupt business operations
- Hosting Services. Your MSP should make available hosting services for your servers, applications, and websites. By shifting hosting responsibilities to your MSP, you can be confident that these essential programs and tools are available and accessible to staff, customers, and visitors
- Cybersecurity. Keeping systems and data protected is paramount. You need a partner that will ensure that everything involved with your technology – data, devices, messages and files – are protected and secure. This protection requires a comprehensive strategy and diligent monitoring of threats and defensive measures to secure all components
5. Opt for an MSP that Offers Advanced ServicesIn addition to the standard services, your MSP should provide, consider what other services would benefit your business. At Shipshape MSP, for example, we offer other services to help companies understand, plan for, and leverage technology. These services include:
- Strategic IT Consulting. Your MSP should offer strategic consulting services to solve your most pressing IT needs. A robust IT strategy helps you position your business to face immediate and future needs with technologies designed to improve operations and drive revenue
- Business Continuity. Is your business prepared for the potential damage from a cyberattack or natural disaster? Having a practical, comprehensive business continuity plan ensures that your business is back up and running quickly after a significant disruption, with minimal loss and damage to your data or your reputation
6. Pick an MSP that has Strong Third-Party RelationshipsYou’ll gain considerable advantages from an MSP that has preferred and favorable relationships with major vendors. Your MSP wants to leverage its network to benefit its clients. It would be best if you looking for an MSP with suppliers with excellent reputations, great products, and preferred pricing deals.
7. Find an MSP that Completes Comprehensive AssessmentsThe best way to begin a relationship with a new MSP is to conduct a comprehensive IT assessment. Having a trusted partner evaluate your existing technology, provide a report, and discuss recommendations lets you understand your strengths and weaknesses. At Shipshape IT, our Support Requirements Assessment assesses your IT infrastructure to support your current and future business goals and objectives. The assessment helps identify risk areas and provides recommended remedies. It also results in a proposal for the customized, scalable IT services plan that will optimize your technology. The Shipshape assessment examines all components of your IT system, including:
- Email security and continuity
- Firewall and VPN security
- Disaster recovery and business continuity readiness
- Internet redundancy
- Data storage and recovery plans
- Antivirus and malware security
8. Partner with a Proactive MSPYour MSP should go beyond break-fix approaches to technology. In the long run, you need a partner that can take a proactive approach to your technology, anticipating needs and identifying solutions that prevent problems. Shipshape IT offers comprehensive MSP services to companies of all sizes and industry types, including law firms, nonprofit organizations, healthcare providers and federal contractors. Shipshape IT provides technology support and consulting in Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia. To learn more about how Shipshape IT can support your business, contact us today.
How to Cut Down Your Company’s Costs with Outsourced IT Support
Less Money Spent on Training EmployeesPlenty of business owners choose to invest in their employees by offering various training options for them. Training is a key part of preparing employees to do their job at their fullest potential. The only issue is that if a business has many employees, costs for training can quickly skyrocket. If you find yourself unable to provide enough training for employees, hiring an external IT support dc team can help reduce those costs tremendously. The major benefit here is that an outsourced IT team is already fully equipped with professionals who can handle any task thrown their way. Managers end up spending less in the long run because they already have a team who has the knowledge, expertise and experience to carry out these tasks, therefore less training is needed for full-time employees.
No Need for Hiring More Employees for an In-House TeamHiring a full in-house IT team can end up costing employers significantly more money because of all the extra costs that come with full-time employment such as benefits, health insurance, training, paid leave and more. Plus, there’s always the potential of having a high-value tech resource leave the company and take their knowledge with them! When you work with an external technology company to provide infrastructure and support for your business, you will have stronger continuity of knowledge to support your business as there’s a team behind decisions instead of relying on internal individuals. Making the decision to outsource your IT team is a great way to save money and precious resources that are used by hiring a brand new team to your already existing employee roster.
Work With the Most Qualified Technical ProfessionalsHaving an efficient team is incredibly vital for any business to function. Many businesses can have a hard time maintaining a full technical team that can effectively maintain and carry out all required daily tasks. Payroll expenses are lofty, and business owners can find themselves in a tight spot because of this. If you find yourself struggling to keep your organization afloat, it’s important that you hire the best, most qualified person for the job. Hiring an external IT team can ensure that they are well-equipped with all the skills necessary so you can simply let them do their job.
Easy Access to the Software Needed to Operate Your BusinessPurchasing all of the equipment and software your team needs can be very costly. There are so many different options for software to help carry out your tasks, and many of them are expensive. If a business owner wants to keep costs down, hiring an IT team externally can help with that because you will already have access to the software they already use. Your IT services partner can help with negotiating contracts with new software vendors as well as offering your organization access to discount pricing due to the greater buying power of an IT provider.
Avoid Wasting Your Time on ProjectsBecause outsourced IT teams are trained to offer the optimal service for their clients, it means that they won’t have to spend their time doing things outside of their expected role. The work will always be high quality and they’ll be able to focus all of their energy on the tasks needed. This is extremely helpful because by taking that pressure off of your current employees, they can focus on what they need to do rather than solving issues they aren’t equipped or knowledgeable enough to handle. It’s truly the best thing a business owner can offer their employees; transparency in what their daily tasks are. Because of the uptick in outsourced IT services (it continued to rise up to 13 percent in 2020), many businesses are expected to utilize this service in their work. Ultimately, deciding to outsource your IT services will help you reduce expenses and improve the overall efficiency of your work.
Get the Help You Need With Shipshape IT ServicesHere at Shipshape, we offer comprehensive services for IT in Virginia, Washington D.C. and Maryland. Shipshape IT can provide your organization with everything it needs to grow and thrive, starting with a needs analysis and finding the perfect business and technical solutions. Our founding premise is that an IT company should be able to align its values and interests with every one of its clients. What this looks like for us is consistent and predictable billing, rapid responses to all of your technical problems and offering uncomplicated solutions to solve those problems. We pride ourselves on the excellent service we provide. We must fundamentally alter the way we think about IT services due to dramatic changes in technology, shifting business practices, and a volatile economic environment. Adapting the traditional IT service model, Shipshape IT addresses these new realities. We offer expert workers and incredible technology that offers a high-quality level of services to medium and small businesses at costs that no one else in the industry is offering. Together, we combine processes, people, ideas, technology and experience in a way that transforms how IT services are delivered for small to mid-size organizations.
When Is it Time to Hire a Managed IT Services Provider?
Managed service providers (MSPs) help businesses of all sizes solve pressing technology needs. Hiring an MSP lets your business focus on core needs with the confidence that your technology is optimized and secured.
With an MSP as your strategic technology partner, your business can better manage your existing tech stack and plan for the future, with budgets and strategic plans that implement new technologies at the right moment.
When To Hire a Managed Service Provider
Knowing when to hire a managed IT services in Washington DC is an important decision that will hinge on your organization’s readiness, ability to adopt new technologies, and willingness to change. Here is a closer look at the key considerations for when to hire an MSP.
Are You Able to Keep Up with Technology?
IT drives businesses of all sizes today, especially in an increasingly digital and remote world. There are always new users, new applications, and new technologies.
Managed IT service providers can help relieve the pressure on overworked internal IT staff, especially with the technological advances and innovation needed to stay ahead today.
Often, technical needs are handled by the owner/operator when a business is just starting. As the business grows, another staff member, who might not be fully qualified, may take over those responsibilities.
Here are some scenarios that should have you considering whether to hire an MSP.
- There’s no designated, full-time IT person, and you rely on the most tech-savvy staff person to handle the IT load
- Your current IT staff is overwhelmed, unable to handle the workload or technology needs
- You react to IT problems as opposed to being proactive about technical issues
- You are unaware of the software and hardware used throughout the business, which versions people are on, or how secure they are
With managed services, you can be confident that the most critical IT needs are addressed and that your IT staff will have the bandwidth to take on the most urgent matters.
You also will know about emerging IT issues and be able to plan ahead to protect your technology.
Are You Worried about Cyberattacks?
Cybersecurity is an ever-present concern for companies across the world. Cyberattacks are growing in frequency and severity, costing companies millions of dollars to resolve. What’s more, a cyberattack that compromises sensitive employee or customer data can have a devastating effect on your company’s reputation.
Hackers are sophisticated, using various techniques to access systems and networks. You need protection from phishing attacks, denial-of-service assaults, ransomware, malware, and an ever-changing array of new attack vectors.
With managed IT services in place, you can protect your business at every step. MSPs will assess your defenses and recommend solutions that protect every network to ensure that threats are detected, isolated, contained, and destroyed before significant damage occurs.
In addition, your MSP partner will also protect end users’ software and hardware with automated update tools and SPAM protection to ensure that your staff is using tools that have the most up-to-date defenses.
Shipshape Information Technology offers anti-virus, anti-malware, and anti-SPAM solutions, encrypted workstations, email security tools, data loss prevention, and employee awareness training.
Are You Subject to Compliance Mandates?
Legal and regulatory compliance affects nearly every business today. Mandates at the international, national, state, local, and industry levels are growing. For those businesses that are government contractors, the mandates are even more extensive.
Compliance issues typically revolve around data – keeping it protected and ensuring customers can choose how you use it. Each of these mandates has its unique criteria, meaning your business needs a solution to track and report on multiple regulatory requirements. Failure to comply with these mandates can mean severe financial penalties.
A managed IT services provider will help you manage and keep in compliance with multiple jurisdictions. They will help you with compliance solutions, monitoring services, and reporting.
Do You Need Help-Desk Support?
Today, many companies have staff who work or travel across the nation and the world. They use desktops, laptops, and phones to complete work.
To be successful, companies need to support staff located in time zones across the globe. Help-desk support provided by an MSP can address most issues via remote access. These services can address the needs of workers in the office, at home, or on the road.
Do You Have an IT Strategy?
Businesses need to provide technical solutions to customers, partners, and employees to enhance how business is done. Companies need to incorporate technology into their strategic planning processes to be effective.
MSPs like Shipshape Information Technology have extensive knowledge and expertise about technologies and applications. They provide insights into future technology trends that help companies plan for and use technology to propel business results. Your MSP should offer comprehensive strategic IT services that help you develop the plans and budgets necessary for success.
Are Your Business IT Costs Unwieldy?
When no cohesive IT strategy is in place, businesses often face exorbitant costs, inefficient systems, and frustrated users. With an MSP as your technology partner, your technology will work efficiently, with integrated systems and processes. Your business sees reduced IT costs and improved productivity with a strong IT program.Shipshape Information Technology supports businesses throughout Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. with managed IT services. Learn more about how we can transform your business by contacting us today.
Technology is Key to Success: What IT Services Does Your Business Need?
Technology is Key to Success: What IT Services Does Your Business Need?
When it comes to conducting business, it’s clear that every type of business will require IT services. Which IT services does your business actually need? There are 12 major types of IT services that can apply to a wide variety of businesses depending on factors like what your product or service is, cybersecurity needs, etc. You also want to consider your budget, employee needs and how you store data when deciding on which IT services to utilize. Remember that IT works as an ecosystem: it’s only as strong as its weakest part.
1. Data Backup Services
Keeping important files backed up ensures businesses don’t lose them. A data backup service protects your data from the unpredictable, regardless of whether an employee deleted last year’s financials or ransomware infected your computer. These methods include tapes, file servers and cloud storage.
- Managing and optimizing storage
- Core network management and security
- VDI optimization and delivery
- Integrating applications
2. Public Cloud Hosting Services
Your data is stored in public cloud hosting infrastructure owned by third-party vendors shared by many different companies. It’s an excellent option for businesses that require cloud services, but that may not have industry-specific needs such as those required for attorneys and banking organizations. Businesses that do not have the resources in terms of money and manpower to maintain and manage a cloud infrastructure can benefit from public cloud hosting services.
- Pay-as-you-go: Many public clouds are cost-effective
- You don’t own the infrastructure you use, so maintenance isn’t an issue
- Your business can grow virtually without limit due to scalability
- Reduces the purchase of hardware and software
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA, HITECH, SOX, PCI and more
- Specialized security needs may require additional investments or integration with third-party software
3. Software Support Services
You can ensure the availability and performance of your business applications with technical support. These day-to-day operations help sustain your business and ensure that your business professionals have access to the systems and communication tools needed to perform their daily tasks efficiently.
- Up-to-date information and updates
- Patches for security
- End-of-life support
- New software releases
- Device management for mobile devices
- Enrollment in mobile device management platforms
- Managing VoIP setup and ongoing configuration
- VoIP phone system user management
4. Managed Network Services
When you use managed network services, you are not only providing a more secure foundation for your business, you’re also giving your internal IT staff an opportunity to add discrete value back to the business. All of the daily activities involved with maintaining and launching servers are managed by an external team of individuals.
- Identify, notify, prioritize and escalate alerts
- Support and management of your network devices
- Monitoring, management and support of your servers and storage
- Cloud management, monitoring and support (Azure, AWS)
- Manage and track your company’s IT assets
5. Private Cloud Hosting Services
Cloud-based private services are provided via private IT infrastructure that can be placed on company property or located in the data center of the cloud provider.
- Secure access to files and proprietary software platforms from anywhere with internet access
- Flexible architecture to accommodate applications
- Added security applied at a server level
- Ease of integration with external on-premise and cloud-based platforms
6. Network Cybersecurity Services
Your technology is protected and defended by network cybersecurity services. They can include anti-virus and anti-spam software, consistent patching, multi-factor authentication and monitoring. Compliance is also taken into account. Businesses that deal with highly regulated industries that utilize standards like CMMC, HIPAA, NIST SOC and ISO should consider cybersecurity as part of the audit.
- Compliance and reporting capabilities
- Essential protection for your computers
- Support for multi-factor authentication
- Managing firewalls
7. Data Storage and Management Services
Your data is one of the most important assets that your company maintains. From secure customer data and transactions to intellectual property assets, you need the confidence of knowing that your data is being protected both in transit and at rest. Data can be managed onsite or remotely, and either option can be managed either by external data security providers or by internal staff.
- Remote storage facilities are often more secure
- Greater backup and disaster recovery options with an external vendor
- Higher security and scalability for your data storage
8. IT Consulting Services
Your IT department should grow along with your business. Your IT team plays a significant role, whether you are expanding your team, opening new offices or changing your business model. That’s where IT consulting services come in. You can plan for the future with IT support Washington DC consulting services. A consultant examines what you have now, including the type and the amount of hardware and software you’re using, current staffing levels, internal capabilities and current external vendors, and figures out what you need to reach your goals.
- Technology planning on a regular basis
- Budgeting for IT
- Upgrades planning
- Technical design
- Best practice guide
9. IT Help Desk Services
Help with those common IT issues like password resets, file restores and troubleshooting. A dedicated IT help desk, or a full-time help desk technician, is the best option.
- Dedicated wheelhouse of services provided
- Quick support
- Process of escalation
10. Hardware Support Services
Manage your desktops and laptops as well as receive support for them. Having an external support vendor provides your staff with the confidence that any device problems can be solved quickly and efficiently.
- Support for end of life cycle
- Support for applications
- Upgrades for technology
- Refreshes for equipment
- Getting rid of old technologies
- Fixing equipment that is broken
11. Project Management Services
When you have a big project ahead of you, such as protecting all equipment used at work with a secure private network, you need project management services. The experts take care of your project because they’ve done it countless times before. This allows you to focus on what you do best.
- Management of service requests
- Managing desktops
- Software and hardware management
- Migrations for software and data
- Migrations for the cloud
- Datacenter and office relocations
12. Product Development Services
Here is where innovation takes place. In order to increase the efficiency of your business, product development services are constantly exploring new ways to make it easier.
- Competitive edge
- Service interruptions reduction
- Productivity increase
- Solutions tailored to your needs
- Best tech leverage for business
Streamline Your Business With Managed IT Services
You don’t have to struggle to grow your business. Managed IT services allow your business to take advantage of its resources to grow. Your business can enjoy numerous benefits that will keep your company’s IT infrastructure secure and reliable, such as routine checks and quick responses when they are needed. The professionals at Shipshape IT offer comprehensive IT support as well as remedies to help grow your business. Call us today at 703-312-9040 or fill out our contact form online to get started today!
Why Every Business Should Have a Reliable IT Support Service Provider
Technology plays a crucial role in the success of small, mid-sized, and large businesses alike. Yet, small businesses, in particular, are usually reluctant to enlist the help of an IT support service because they think it will be too expensive. However, the cost of not getting one could be much greater.
If you’re still unsure, here are five compelling reasons why you should hire a Managed IT Services Provider (MSP) immediately.
1. IT Readiness Through Round-the-Clock Network Monitoring.
For any business to operate successfully, its network connectivity and technical infrastructure need to be up and running at all times. However, we all know that technology is not immune to unexpected crises and events, and businesses need to be able to adapt and overcome such random events that can make or break them.
A proficient IT support company will provide round-the-clock monitoring of all your business’s network elements, such as computers, virtual machines, routers, firewalls, and servers, to ensure 24/7 network performance. It’ll also identify any slow or broken components as soon as they fail, allowing for swift repair or replacement and significantly improving your work efficiency.
Overall, hiring an MSP will minimize the risk of sudden downtime since faulty components can be identified in advance and replaced before they result in complete interruption of service.
2. Protection From Viruses and Other Compromising Software
Technology lies at the heart of most business processes, with many firms focused on procuring more advanced solutions to improve their yield. However, with the prominence of cyber threats, securing your tech is just as important. We’ve seen the likes of Dropbox, Capital One, and several other companies fall prey to viruses, malware, and other online attacks in the past, resulting in their websites being compromised and the security of their users jeopardized.
Every DC IT provider knows this and will look to first evaluate the safety of your computer systems for weaknesses that hackers could exploit, fix them, and proceed to test for even more vulnerabilities. Next, your MSP will set up standard antivirus management and keep your systems updated and well-monitored to protect your devices and keep your business from falling prey to attacks.
Failure to implement this level of protection will leave your company at great risk of a data breach that could expose customer information. Such compromises often result in costly lawsuits, customer mistrust, a tarnished company name and even plummeting sales.
3. Improved Human Resource and Time Management
Small businesses tend to wear many hats in a bid to handle all aspects of their processes and improve customer service. However, this can quickly become overwhelming, especially when they use manual solutions that are no longer efficient and practical. Still, implementing a more high-tech system that streamlines your processes requires expertise and time.
An IT support service can quickly develop an information system specifically for your business’s structure and procedures. This will not only take the worry of data maintenance, IT infrastructure, and network monitoring off your shoulders, but it will also ensure that all your processes are handled by IT solutions experts, making them up to standard. You also get to free up your time to handle other crucial, less technical aspects of your business.
4. Enhanced Marketing Strategies for Business Growth and Development
The ultimate goal of every business is to enhance its marketing strategies and drive growth and development. However, whether you’ll achieve that result or not is dependent on the decisions you make regarding your products or services, marketing strategies, customer approach, and — perhaps most importantly — the internal processes that govern your entire workflow.
IT support, using information systems, can help to amplify your marketing strategies by facilitating accurate market research and valuable data accumulation. This may come in the form of discovering target audiences and their unique needs and demands, as well as building promotional campaigns that persuade people to act.
Algorithms could also be designed to track your business’s online transactions and customer purchasing behavior. This information will provide a data-driven basis for planning and deciding on new strategies concerning fresh product introductions, price allocation, and promotion campaigns.
5. Refined Customer Support
Customer support revolves around assisting consumers with any issues they may have regarding your products, services, and business in general. Small companies need all the positivity they can get; hence, they need to provide seamless customer support when needed. However, it’s not uncommon to suffer downtime that cripples your ability to deliver excellent and reliable customer service.
An MSP will help prevent such avoidable outage periods by setting up multiple communication channels to assist customers. This will give users more options to reach your business conveniently. Excellent customer support translates directly to business success, as you’d have established an uninterrupted channel between you and your consumers, giving you more data to understand their behavioral preferences.
Also, consider that the volume of queries and customer concerns you need to deal with increases as your services and audience reach expands, making it challenging to keep up. However, with a reliable IT provider to manage all the technicalities, you’d only need to focus resources on hiring remote staff to supplement your existing support team.
Overall, hiring an MSP will help you provide excellent customer service, which you’d be unable to do if you didn’t have a reliable network, email, or website connection.
Strengthen Your Business With IT Support
Information technology covers various services and industries and is crucial to the success of many businesses. Whether it’s in the form of simple processes like data input and record-keeping, implementing complex operations, or keeping customers satisfied, there’s no denying the role advanced systems have to play.
If you ever find your business in need of an IT services company that can align its interests with yours and provide rapid response to technical issues while maintaining a predictable and consistent billing, Shipshape IT is the answer! We work with organizations of all sizes to ensure you have the secure, reliable technology available to help you meet even the most aggressive business goals.
Call us on 703-312-9040 or contact us today for an uncluttered and uncomplicated IT solution.